The EcoFresh Energy Recovery Wheel, which recovers total energy (sensible as well as latent), assists in meeting all the requirements of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), humidity control and energy saving.
DRI offers the Highest Recovery Enthalpy Wheels in the world (Aluminum substrate coated with a choice of desiccants).
Incorporation of EcoFresh Heat Wheels into the air-conditioning system means more outdoor air at lower energy cost (reduced chiller load).
Energy Recovery Wheels also known in the industry as Energy Conservation Wheels, Energy Recovery Wheels, Enthalpy Wheels, Sensible Wheels, Hygroscopic Wheels, Condensation Wheels or Sorption Wheels. These air-to-air Heat Exchangers can recover both sensible (Heat) and latent (Moisture) energy but may use different technologies and offer different efficiencies.
How Does the EcoFresh Wheel Work?
In a typical installation, the wheel is positioned in an Air Handling Unit so that it is divided into two half moon sections.
Stale exhaust air is drawn through one half and outdoor air through the other in a counter flow pattern. At the same time, the wheel is rotated. Sensible heat is transferred as the metallic substrate picks up and stores heat from the warmer air stream and gives it up to the cooler one.
Latent heat is transferred as the desiccant coating on the metallic substrate adsorbs moisture from the air stream that has the higher humidity ratio and releases the moisture into the air stream that has the lower humidity ratio.
Latent heat is transferred as the synthesized metallic substrate condenses moisture from the air stream that has the higher humidity ratio through adsorption by EcoSorb (with a simultaneous release of heat) and releases the moisture through evaporation (and heat pick-up) into the air stream that has the lower humidity ratio.
Benefits of EcoFresh Energy Recovery Wheels
- Pre-conditions incoming fresh air.
- Easily integrated/retrofitted into new/existing ventilation systems.
- Delivers fresh air throughout the year at conditions very near inside conditions.
- Helps to meet ventilation standard without raising energy cost.
- Maintains humidity conditions at no additional cost.
- Allows reduction in system capacity by 30 to 65%.
Why EcoFresh is your best buy?
High Selectivity . . . Almost no cross contamination :
- EcoFresh Heat Wheels MS 270 use desiccant Molecular Sieve 3Å (EcoSorb 300) coated/used on aluminum substrate. This limits the cross contamination to absolute minimum and ensure exclusion of contaminants in the air streams, while transferring water vapor molecules.
In-built purge sector eliminates cross contamination :
- Purge section provides strict separation of air flows, preventing carryover of bacteria, dust and pollutants from exhaust air to supply air. Purge section and labyrinth sealing system limit cross contamination to (-) 04% of the exhaust air concentration by volume.
Structural rigidity :
- State-of-the-art winding technology and adhesives give EcoFresh rotors a high structural strength.
- EcoFresh is 270 mm deep which also gives it a higher structural strength.
Highly Polished Surface :
- Vertical run out less than 1 mm per 1000 mm resulting in extremely low leakage across the seals.
Innovative manufacturing design :
- Segmented and non-segmented options
- Spoke structure also ensures easy removal of individual wheels sections for cleaning or repair/replacement (in case of segmented plus).
- Metallic construction, coupled with the robust spoke structure allows for projects to be specified for larger wheel diameters.
Industry’s highest recovery/performance :
- High Desiccant loading / coating.
- Equal sensible and latent recovery, thus, comparatively higher sensible and latent recovery.
- Higher performance, lower pressure drops : 78% nominal at 700 FPM (3.5 m/s) and 0.67" w.c. (170 Pa) pressure drop.
- Laminar airflow due to thin aluminum substrate and uniform desiccant coating.
- Superior airflow characteristics allow design for higher velocities and flow rates.
Non contact labyrinth seal :
- No wear and tear.
- Effective sealing.
- Long life.
- Brush seal as option also available.
Frost Protection :
- Wheel rotation speed control helps to limit frost formation by keeping the exhaust air temperature above the dew point.
Wide Range :
- Total energy recovery (Enthalpy) as well as sensible wheels.
- Customized Flute height and Rotor depth options.
- Cassette as well as Rotor options.
- Standard and Customized options.
- 500 mm to 5000 mm (dia.)
- Easy retrofit options.